Kevin

Bjarte Runderheim wrote:
"Kevin" skrev i melding

I use oil based paint, alkyd, for bookcases and any painted furniture
that will be in contact with paper. Latex has an affinity for paper and
it will get stuck on it. Alkyds don’t have this problem.

I’ve been informed by the local big boxes that they no longer selling
oil based paints, other than floor and deck, and they will no longer be
available after the first of the year. I went to my local Sherwin
Williams and got the same story.

Has anyone else heard this? Have I missed something I should have been
paying attention to?
What can I use as a replacement if this happens?

Thanks all.

Mix it yourself.
All ingredients in a good alkyd-paint are readily available
in the market, and any oldfashioned painter knows the receipes.

In my youth, painters made most their paints in-shop.
The simplest is boiled linseed oil and pigmentpowder
and thinner to please.

Bjarte

I will give that a try if need be. I make my own wood finishes but I
never thought to give making my own paint a try.