Never Enough Money

Denial Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. Sounds like you're
in the anger phase, Prometheus. Think we're almost ready for a violent
revolution, do you? Don't you think you should wait till you actually
loose the rigth of Habeas Corpus?

More comments embedded.

Prometheus wrote in message . ..
[snip]

3. Of, designating, or belonging to a Liberal political party.
So far the first 2 definitions tell me that Republicans are liberals.

Bull****. A huge stinking pile of aging bull****.

Whoever wrote this is a good debater! Hah.

Agreed. Republicans have turned into tyrants-in-training. How does
the desire to control the lives of others based on one group's concept
of "morality" fit into the definition of liberal?

Perhaps you could help me out with examples.

Gee, Bush is the exact opposite. So I wonder once again whether you have
recently awakened from a coma? Hell, Bush doesn't believe that the
executive should be limited much at all by the courts. He has claimed
the right to imprison you or execute you without trial on his command
only.

Won't be long before he suspends the writ of Habeas Corpus in the
interest of "National Security." There's even a precedent for him to
use that Lincoln set in the Civil War.

Well, well, well. Let's just wait and see if your prediction becomes
reality. I'll bet you'll be eating crow again 4 years from now when it
does NOT happen. In fact, I'll bet we loose no individual freedoms --
freedoms will increase by the methods I mentioned in my first post.

They favor a "republican" form of government (to which we
pledge allegiance to) to prevent the situtation where the majority
always wins - squashing the minority without remorse.

If this were true, his acceptance speech would not have used the word
"mandate." Nor would he have expressed the sentiment "If you're not
with us, you're with the terrorists" I voted for Kerry- does that
make me a sucide bomber?

Huh? Are you objecting to "They favor a 'republican' form of
government" or that republican forms of governemtns prevet the
majority from always winning?
Your vote for Kerry does not make you a terrorist but it probably
pleased the terrorist. If you want to parse the words of speeches,
little Mr. Kerry has some words that are rediculous. Let's not go
there.

There is a classic chestnut of talk radio. Still waiting for some
sheeple like you to provide an example of this mythic democracy where
there were no represenatives. Hell, I'd settle for some philosopher who
even mentions such a system. Of course none exist.

Even here there are magistrates, but I think it adds to your overall
arguement.

Wow. Your political science is running amok. What made you think I was
not wanting representatives? BTW, Plato was a smart guy but we've
(Democrats and Repbulicans) have come much farther than that.
Marx was a smart guy but we've also risen above his ideas.

[snip]
There are more
minorities in the Bush administration than any other administration in
American history.

So what? Reward should be based on merit, not some stilted ploy to
point at the "little guy" he gave a hand up to.

What makes you think merit was not involved?

6.a. Tending to give freely; generous. b. Generously given; bountiful.
If you think the purpose of governemt is to redisteribute wealth, then
be a Liberal.

No be a conservative. Bush is doing exactly that. The greatest
trough-a-thon in history is ongoing. He just signed two bills that are
monstrosities of welfare largesse. Moreover he is working hard so that
parasites who never have enough money can get others to wipe their asses
for them.

Which tow bill and why would they be monstrosities of welfare
largesse? This paragraph needs explanation.

Kinda makes you want to weep, doesn't it? I never thought I'd see the
day when the Democrats were more fiscally responsible than the
Republicans.

Their third strategy is under implementation as well. Get more currency
out there and allow it to devalue. Good for the stock market and good
for employment and good for exports. What could be wrong with anything
like that? Yes, I know, the stupid assholes who founded the country were
against it, but they haven't been right about anything else have they?

Somebody didn't take a course in Ecomonics. Must be self-taught.

Wish we were still on the gold standard...

7. Not literal: "a liberal translation".
As in Republicans are conservative even though they are changing lots
of things for the better -- introducing more individual freedom and
self-determination.

How is that? With the "Patriot" Act?

With the methods mentioned in my original post.

Do you live in America?

Yes. Currently in Colorado. Previosly in South Carolina, California,
and Texas. I'm very American.

[snip]
Sure they can. I have an education in the liberal arts, and I work in
manfacturing- I produce at least 150% more than anyone else in my
department every day *because* I understand philosophy. Sure, it's
that old, "outdated" rational philosophy, but I just can't bring
myself to jump onto the Kantian bandwagon.

Sounds like hubris to me. I doubt your productivity is related to your
philosophy or understanding of it.

Guess you didn't make it to college huh? (Here is a clue: edit this
whole thing out because your being an idiot.)

I have a doctorate in mathematics.

I say "get a job" like the rest of us
had to.

How many forms of welfare do you receive?

None.

Never took so much as a day's wage from the gov't in my entire life.
The only things I use from them are those things which I must use for
lack of other options (police, roads, military etc.) And somehow I
managed not to vote for Bush.

Good that you have not taken from the government.

Now let's get back to woodworking and stop posting political
statements to this _woodworking_ group. I feel dirty for having been
seduced into responding this one time. I hope my fellow woodworkers
will forgive me.

Get off it. You responded.

Good advice. I will get off of it and I will not respond to your or
anybody elses vitriolic and on;lt faintly accurate postings.

Your countrymen is who you should ask for forgiveness.

You're probably thinking you told me off. Don't be so smug. Don't be
so angry. My man lost when Johnson won, when Carter won, when Clinton
won. I've been on the loosing side many times. If Bush fullfills your
predictions, then your man will win next time to correct it. So grow
up and move on.