Alan Campbell

Default Electromagnetic field and medium voltage power line.

Hi,

If it is that important to you to get the power line relocated then
have you tried asking the power company what they would charge to do
the job?. (I am assuming you have been trying to get them to do it at
their expense - sorry if I am wrong)
Maybe if you were to pay, they would be happy to do it and it may be
cheaper than taking the legal route. You say it is a "site" so I am
guessing you have bought (cheap?) land where the line was already
present. If so, I think you have no chance of getting them to move it
at their cost.

I got the overhead lines into my house (only 240V) put underground. I
dug the trench and they supplied/fitted the cable. It only cost me
£125 - bargain - although medium voltage would undoubtedly cost a lot
more but may still be a bargain if it makes your site a great one.

Costs nothing to find out. Let us all know what they say.

Alan.

(Martin H. Robinson) wrote in message . com...
I hope that this question is appropriate for this group. I was advised
by a colleague that many of the group regular members were
well-informed.

I have site that has a medium voltage powerline crossing it. I am
engaged in a dispute with the power utility to get the line relocated.
It would bolster my argument if I could show that the electromagnetic
field (EMF) levels were above a certain level. I know the voltage
level and current in amps of the line.

Does anybody know how to:
1. Calculate or estimate EMF at a given distance from the powerline
with data described.
2. Or where I might find on the Web a site that contains table with
precalculated EMF and electric field values for different line types.
I think these are called wire codes in the trade but googling has
produced little of use - I need at this stage expert or experienced
recommendation!

Many Thanks
Martin