George

What a hoot! Given the predilections of the press, it's always funny to
follow newspeak. The _former_ senior senator from SD was pretty good at
claiming "bipartisan support" with the participation of three or four
republican senators (including McCain), while blithely disregarding the fact
that on the same bill, more members of his party had defected across the
aisle.

What shame that someone above a custodian level at an educational
institution cannot read English enough to understand that a goal is a
destination, which differs from a journey.

More distressing is the contempt for the democratic process shown by people
who are still shadowboxing after the main event.

Vox populi, vox Dei.

"James T. Kirby" wrote in message
jo4hn wrote:

Bush on uniting and bipartisanship:

President Bush proclaimed his election as evidence that Americans
embrace his plans to reform Social Security, simplify the tax code, curb
lawsuits and fight the war on terror, pledging Thursday to work in a
bipartisan manner with "everyone who shares our goals."

[from the San Francisco Chronicle]

Now that's my notion of bipartisanship ;^)