Todd Fatheree

"jo4hn" wrote in message
ink.net...
charlie b wrote:
BlueDude wrote:

Should a Liberal be ashamed?

As noted by another response, the term has been
hijacked and stood on its head for political purposes
- somewhat like the words patriot and christian. And
it doesn't take much to twist an idea into its opposite.

[snip]

Bush on uniting and bipartisanship:

President Bush proclaimed his election as evidence that Americans
embrace his plans to reform Social Security, simplify the tax code, curb
lawsuits and fight the war on terror, pledging Thursday to work in a
bipartisan manner with "everyone who shares our goals."

[from the San Francisco Chronicle]

Your narrow interpretation of Bush's statement is noted. So, what you're
saying is that liberals don't want to reform SS, simplify the tax code, curb
lawsuits (this one I believe), or fight the war on terror? We can share
goals, but have different ideas of how to get there.

todd