Larry Jaques

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:15:27 -0600, Prometheus
calmly ranted:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:00:52 -0500, "James T. Kirby"
wrote:

How do you translate a margin of 4 million votes out of 115 million cast
into a "clear mandate"? Its almost a statistical dead heat. More people voted
against
Bush this time than voted for him last time.

Tom Delay sounds like he thinks they got 90% of the vote. I hope they find the
going a little rockier than they anticipate.

I shouldn't do it, but I'll respond anyhow. I agree- Bush has NO
MANDATE to push his agenda. I wasn't really *for* Kerry, but I voted
for him anyhow specifically because I was afraid the Bush faction
would consider a 1% margin a "mandate". The frightening thing is that
the Republicans have the majority in every part of our government, and
they actually *can* push their agenda. I sincerely hope and pray that
the next four years are not going to be as bad for the US as I am
afraid they are going to be- but I'm not holding my breath.

BE PREPARED!

Suggestions to non-republican American People for the coming period of
anarchy after the Shrub pushes us into outright holy war between
Christians and Muslims: (Shades of the Crusades, wot?)

Arm and train yourself defensively (both physically and with weapons)
Karate, kung-fu, etc. books abound at your library and courses are
available in most cities. People get crazy when their regular routines
are upset.

Stock up on ammo for the weapons you own; consider more.

Stock up on firewood. Fuel supplies may be interrupted.

Stock up on canned/freeze-dried foods and plenty of water.

Learn GI waterless bathing so you don't waste drinking water.

Get a stock tub for washing clothes and let rainwater fill it.

Stock up on medicines you can't live without.

Print any computer-based instructions you may need while dealing
with long electrical power outages. (There goes my income. I'm glad I
have all those Neander tools.)

Stock up on candles, matches, batteries, and maybe a dynamo-style
flashlight.

Get a new eyeglass prescription and extra glasses, this might take
awhile and you'll want to see clearly for the duration.

Get a new first-aid kit and stock extra supplies.

Keep your auto fuel tanks full at all times. Get a few more 5 gallon
tanks for emergencies.

Remind your neighbors that they should do the same, and that you'll
defend your stockpile of food/water/etc. to the death if need be,
especially against the people who actually voted us into this mess.

(What have I missed?)

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?