charlie b

BlueDude wrote:

Should a Liberal be ashamed?

As noted by another response, the term has been
hijacked and stood on its head for political purposes
- somewhat like the words patriot and christian. And
it doesn't take much to twist an idea into its opposite.

Example

1. Peace on earth, good will to man.

2. Peace on earth to men of good will.

One is inclusive and one is exclusive. Which version
is in your Good Book?

Personally, I realize "you can't take it with you"
is true so I prefer to work on leaving the place
a little better than I found it, or at least no
worse. And if I can lend a hand and take a little
of the load off someone who's trying but could
use some help - I will. And if any help I was
able to provide gets passed along long after
I'm gone and forgotten - well that's just icing
on the cake. Definitely not feeling ashamed.

charlie b