Dave

Is there any way to indirectly test to see if there is an adequate ground in
a system?

Dave

"David Chamberlain" wrote in message
There probably is a ground. In the main breaker box (but not in any
sub-panels), the ground and the neutral are tied together. If you look on
the neutral/ground bus bar, you will probably see one fairly large wire
(#4, #6, #8 (hopefully no smaller)) that goes into a conduit or out
through a cable clamp. That larger wire probably ends up at a good earth
ground.

However, it is possible, that the electrician is relying on the utility
neutral as a ground. THAT is not a good thing.

--
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me
Elmar wrote:
While wiring my shop, I noticed something very disturbing. My house
is not grounded. I open my main panel and there are the two hots and
one neutral.

Ground bus and neutral bus are connected and both ground and neutral
wires share the same bus.

My house is newer, only about 8 years old.

Why is there no ground? I know when I did the same work in FL I was
required to put in two ground rods.

Is this a concern or normal?