JK

Please remove rec.sports.soccer from the list of recipients when
replying to further messages. By all means continue your conversation
but not on NG where people go to read about soccer/football. Thanks.

James T. Kirby wrote:
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

"PTravel"

There were also more votes against Bush in this election than there
were for
any other American President in history.

Assuming that's true, it highlights why the Democrats, or liberals,
to be more accurate, lost. Too bad they can't find someone to
vote for.

This clearly demonstrates that the American center has made
a shift to the right.

No, it does not.

True, they've been there all along. The gap is becoming more obvious
because the leftists have hijacked the Democrat party.

Fletis - what exactly constitutes a "leftist" to you? From where I
stand, there
really haven't been too many of them on the American scene since the mid
70's or so.
I can't think of any democrat who isn't almost as centrist today than
the liberal (yes, gosh, we used to use
the word liberal to refer to real people, who love their kids and don't
kick the dog) republicans
of the 60's and early 70's. (Rockefeller, etc.) Heck, republican used
to mean that you were for fiscal responsibility
and keeping jobs in the US. Low and behold - democrat platform issues now.

Just curious. Really. I want to know, because it is clear that we have
world views that don't overlap at all,
at least in a political sense, and I want to understand yours.

Have you taken a position on finishing cherry? No stains for me.