Guess who

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:44:25 +0800, "chinkc"
wrote:

Anyhow, I glue up the legs, the excess oozes out and once dry, can be
scraped off pretty easily. For me, where the legs mortise into the
underside of the seat, I just leave the extra glue for a little added
strength. No one will see it unless they are slithering around your
kitchen floor on their back, in which case, you may have bigger
problems than a little visible glue.

- Joe Barta

Using Polyurathane glue: Could I use masking tape tape to prevent the oozes
from
smearing over the leg?

Treat that part of leg first with something the glue won't stick to
when it hardens [wax? vaseline?], or I've used a wide elastic band
that snapped tightly around the part before applying. Cut carefully
around the joint with a utility knife before removing the waste.

If using masking tape, try the [green] painter's tape. It's easy to
remove.