Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:34:24 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

Preservatives in the honey. Or, if you prefer, "natural" antibacterials.
Been used for wound treatment as far back as documentation exists.

Interesting. Thinking about how honey does keep, it makes sense.

Never heard of the milk trick. I know that lard and other occlusives with a
bit of activated charcoal (soot) have been used to "draw" wounds.

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:58:51 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Really? I'd have thought that honey or milk (even scorched) would

provide
a medium for bacteria to thrive in. What's the mechanism that kills or
stops bacteria in those media?

I'd never heard about scorched milk before but in honey it's a
combination of the high sugar content and the natural preservatives
the bees put in it. That's why honey will keep for years as long as
it's undiluted.