Richard Clements

res055a5 wrote:

"J T" wrote in message
Tue, Nov 2, 2004, 3:36am (EST+5) (res055a5) moans:
long ago I carved some mountain mahogany and loved it, but can't find it
for sale.
any ideas? snip

Where'd ya look?

Woodfinder.
thanks, i found two listings there, but one didn't seem to list any of

the wood. i emailed both.
i guess i'm going to have to spend some vacation time in idaho, picking up
fallen trees.
rich

you can find it in south west Idaho in the Owahyees, it's fairly common, but
they don't grow very big, most of the Owahyees are BLM land so it's permits
costs $7 per coard. also you can find Desert, or scrub Mahogany thoughout
the southern Idaho desert, but it's even smaller, but it's VERY hard,
almost to the point of being unworkable, but it's very attrative. my wifes
Grandpa made a grandfather clock out of some, it's nice.