Mark

Ron wrote:

I just bought a used Freud 8" 'safety dado' set (still in the mail) and was
wondering
if there is anything I'll need to do to use it on my crapsman 10" table saw.

Crapsman .... What a crock of ****.

Don't hate the tool because that's all the better you can afford, or if it's all
the better you need.

Or are you sucking tool snob dick?

Anyhow,

I have a 20 year +- old Craftsman as a dedicated dado machine. It will slot 3/4
x 3/4 in pine just fine. No, it won't run 100 feet in a minute. But then I
wouldn't expect it to.

Make your own zero clearance insert, it's not that hard.

I straightened and squared a 2x4 and attached it to the fence. Works tits as a
rabbiter.

Crapsman? Stuff it.

In case your wondering, my other saw is a Rockwell.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is.

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens, A.K.A.
Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the suspense.
(Gaz, r.moto)