patriarch

(RobW) wrote in
om:

A few days ago I met a guy who will sell me a newer Ridgid jointer for
$180. Apparently his father bought it, used it for a short time, then
passed away. I do have a dust collector that I'll be using, and the
Ridgid appears to be set up better for the 4" hose, but other than
that, is the Ridgid worth the extra $$$?

The Ridgid jointer at $180 is a pretty good deal. It got decent reviews as
a small shop machine in one or two of the more prominent woodworking
magazines.

You won't mistake it for a Powermatic 54A. You will have $500 to $600 less
invested, however.

There is always a more sophisticated, more powerful, more expensive tool
available. It won't always fit you shop or your budget, however.

You may also want to Google the archives for Craftsman jointers. A recent
thread told of a challenge one of our regulars had with his...

Patriarch