On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:58:51 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:20:16 GMT, Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Prometheus wrote:
Hey, I resemble that remark. Wish I'd have read about the tobacco &
spiderweb cure before work today- instead I've got seven stitches in
my forearm. Sometimes sh*t just happens! Especially when you're
trying to hit a quota or (in the case of a tv show) fit a project into
a set time span.

Sorry about that. The nicotine in the tobacco constricts the
blood vessels and the spiderweb gives the PLTs a matrix to adhere
to. The honey or scorched milk make enviroments that most
bacteria can't grow in.

Really? I'd have thought that honey or milk (even scorched) would provide
a medium for bacteria to thrive in. What's the mechanism that kills or
stops bacteria in those media?

I'd never heard about scorched milk before but in honey it's a
combination of the high sugar content and the natural preservatives
the bees put in it. That's why honey will keep for years as long as
it's undiluted.

--RC

Dave in Fairfax

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Never get your philosophy from some guy who ended up in the looney bin.
-- Wiz Zumwalt