Dave

Is there any way of checking for ground indirectly, rather than just
physically looking to see if a wire is connected?

Dave

"Jim Swank" wrote in message
Insufficient information.... The ground might well be present, but
connected in the meter base rather than the main panel. This is common
practice - check it before you panic.

Also, if there is an outside main breaker mounted on a ppole with the
meter enclosure, the ground could be there.

Jim

Elmar wrote:
While wiring my shop, I noticed something very disturbing. My house
is not grounded. I open my main panel and there are the two hots and
one neutral.

Ground bus and neutral bus are connected and both ground and neutral
wires share the same bus.

My house is newer, only about 8 years old.

Why is there no ground? I know when I did the same work in FL I was
required to put in two ground rods.

Is this a concern or normal?