IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:11:41 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
"Andy Hall" wrote
| Just wait. He'll be telling us that people in the north east
| want a regional assembly. Nanny knows best.

£100 tax to Westminster. £100 total tax take.
£55 to Westminster and £55 to Local Gov. £110 total tax take.
£45 to Westminster, £45 to Region, £45 to Local Gov. £135 total tax

take.

Besides, the chancellor wants to lose x thousand civil servants. Some

more
regional assemblies would be an excellent place to lose them in without
having to pay out redundancy and up the unemployment figures.

The idea is to give the regions control over their affairs, instead of a
bunch of public school, predominantly southern, mandarin snots in

Whitehall
telling them what to do.

Sounds good to me. Put the civil servants where do most good, which is

not
in London.

Mmmm. Clearly it did to J+=2 and his sidekick. Unfortunately for
them, the electorate doesn't agree.

I suppose that they will now spin the idea and present it differently
until they do get a mandate, or more likely just go ahead and do it
anyway.

They shouldn't have put it to the vote. Only 48% turned out and few
actually know the issues and what gains they get.