T i m

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:34:23 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I never hit our own and don't intend to hit theirs.

But it's hard sometimes :-)

Never hit ours either .. but having the threat was handy .. ?

I can't remember even threatening.

Nor me (that I can remember), I was suggesting the 'threat' of knowing
you could be smacked is often enough? It's the same with any form of
'punishment' .. it's the threat / thought of the consequences that
stops you doing it?

I know that I was belted by my Dad and it
wasn't justified.

If I was ever 'smacked' by my Dad It was justified. Like leaving his
tools out in the rain when I shouldn't have touched them in the first
place?

And it didn't make me 'good'.

But it does (has) stopped some kids from running into the road or
touching something hot and being badly hurt?

I'm hoping that the trailers will
cover where the Sierra leaves off sigh

I've only had estates since baby son rolled the Moggy - but we've always
needed a trailer too.

I had two Moggy Minor vans .. in fact one was my first 4 wheeler (I
had the Messerschmitt at the time). Bought it for 15 quid and another
fiver for a gearbox from the breakers. Fitted it in the carpark (in
the rain and dark) from the TV shop I bought the van from ..

Ok, but I'm sure you would be more comfortable in one of the
'dwellings' and you could keep the van in the barn if you wanted to
get away from your 'master' now and again?

I don't want to! Well, not more than I do by his going off to the garage to
'work'.

We used to let ours into the lounge but whippets / lurchers aren't
that big .. ?

We don't eat those. I admire your taste in dogs though - the only ones I
really like.

Kettle ... well you can boil water for tea in almost
anything.

Except a sieve (I tried)

Wot, really???

Doh!

Nah, overlap .. more fun .. anyway, it would be more like a 'commune'
or CoOp .. ? We could share 'everything' right? ;-)

You might not want to ...

Ok, I might not want to share your wasps (or the long drop come to
think of it) but some of your old tools / equipment might be
interesting? ;-)

Ah, pipe dreams ...

Where there's a will ... ?

I will if you will :-)