Ed Sirett

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:35:57 -0800, Mo Thanku wrote:

Hi All,

Can I connect the gas hob by 10 mm cooper pipe.

I was thinking of making final connection (run behind the oven
housing)of 10mm as it can bend easily and would allow me to push in
the oven complete, in the oven housing.

Many Thanks for your help

See FAQ. Do it right or do it not at all.

In general unless the instructions say otherwise you should never supply
a gas appliance with pipework less that the size of inlet fitting.
Which whilst it could be any one of a number of things will likely be 1/2"
BSP. Which needs 15mm pipe.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk