Mark S.

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:16:11 -0000, "nightjar"
wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
... I could not get a voltage reading between the newly plastered wall and
a water pipe - even on a very high impedance DMM. Needless to say the wall
had dried out a fair bit by the time I was looking at it....

I wonder whether you would have got a different result if you had dug down
to the expanded metal mesh and tested that?

Colin Bignell

Knowing little about electrics I didn't want to say but I thought some
mention of the metal mesh would have been made before now?

If it ended up near or touching some old cabling/pipework etc. Then
when the wet plaster was applied over it and now it's dry? Or am I
still not understanding electrics... ;-)

Mark S.