T i m

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:05:27 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

You can't .. and you can't hit it for being 'cheeky to it's elders'
now (doh) ;-)

I never hit our own and don't intend to hit theirs.

But it's hard sometimes :-)

Never hit ours either .. but having the threat was handy .. ?

There are limits to 'mucky' though ..

In this case it's not so much mucky as what we were talking about -
littered. Crowded. Messy. Full.

Yep ...

It's quite difficult .. sigh .. like with the social stigma re cars
.. not only the general condition of your car but what make / model
you drive ..?

And the colour for goodness' sake ... our vehicle used to be determined by
how many beehives would fit in, now it has to be the right size for our
boxes and leave room for the hen coop.

Practical solution to a problem. I've always had smal vans or estate
cars and now just take the fact that I can move (pretty well) anything
anywhere at any time for granted? I'm hoping that the trailers will
cover where the Sierra leaves off sigh

When (male) mates come into our house they act like kids in a toyshop
.. tekky stuff, tous, gadets everywhere .. she just sees it as
'stuff' and should be elsewhere?

Yes, we have friends who think our house is wonderful becaue it's like a
museum ... but it's not consciously like that. We don't have collections,
just ... stuff.

Well, we don't have 'collections' .. apart from my Star Wars figures
and her Elephants .. ;-)

We did talk it over and came up with a solution.

We sell this place and buy a patch of land somewhere in the sticks
(any vacant land near you Mary?).

I wish. We've thought about the same. Perhaps we could have a joint venture.

Could do .. ;-)

We build a barn (about the size of Wickes will do) for me and all my
stuff and a couple of portable buildings as the house bit (that I'm
not allowed to bring my stuff into).

Sounds good to me. Although without all that stuff we could manage in our
little caravan.

Ok, but I'm sure you would be more comfortable in one of the
'dwellings' and you could keep the van in the barn if you wanted to
get away from your 'master' now and again?

As long as I had a toilet, fridge, kettle and a broadband connection
out there I probably wouldn't go in the 'dwelling' bit at all!

The broadband connection is high on the priority list. The toilet - we'd be
happy with a hole in the ground.

'Long drop' .. I know ..

Fridge - or rather freezer - is a must for
keeping whole animals.

We used to let ours into the lounge but whippets / lurchers aren't
that big .. ?

Kettle ... well you can boil water for tea in almost
anything.

Except a sieve (I tried)

So. Do we need to separate your end of the barn from ours or can we overlap?

Nah, overlap .. more fun .. anyway, it would be more like a 'commune'
or CoOp .. ? We could share 'everything' right? ;-)

Tell you what, the stuff which is duplicated could be sent to the local
museum ...

Or charity shop then tip.

Ah, pipe dreams ...

Where there's a will ... ?