The Natural Philosopher

Tim wrote:

After lots of helpful comments on my plight to redesign my Dad's
CH using a thermal store system, I was wondering if anyone could comment
on this underfloor heating component:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/186-0000

specifically: the "Return Temperature Controller"

It claims to be a way of avoiding a 4 port mixer + local pump
assembly by regulating the water return temperature.

The only thing I can see wrong is that it of course still presents
70+C water at the inflow end of the underfloor pipework.

So parts of the floor are presumably going to get rather hot???

Would you say my instincts are correct or would this type of regulation
actually work?

I think yiou have it right,.

Bite the bullet and use the proper system.

Ta muchly,

Timbo