John Rumm

Christian McArdle wrote:

I did a earth loop impedance test and that also tripped the RCD (which
it is not supposed to do!). I may go back and repeat that.

Could you explain how drawing 20A from live to earth doesn't trip the RCD?
(Or do you have one of those fancy ones that claims to work with an RCD in
circuit?)

I was using one of those fancy ones that is supposed not to ;-)

(Megger LT5 - seems to do what it says on the tin when I try it here
(although I am on a TT setup so hence a lower max fault current))

--
Cheers,

John.