T i m

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:21:20 -0000, "James Hart"
wrote:

If they are collecting cardboard to actually 'get' carboard to recycle
then they could fill their truck in one go by visiting my two mates
... less wages, less fuel, better return? Don't suppose they are
though .. just another form of lip service to ecology .. ;-(

All the best ..

A care home near me has the same problem, there was a bit in the paper a few
weeks back, nice picture of unhappy looking chap holding an empty box with a
pile of newspapers next to him.
He generates a lot of waste paper, empty milk cartons etc in a week (all the
stuff the council want to meet their targets) and wondered why the recycling
box wasn't being emptied, the operatives told him that it was trade waste
and couldn't be collected. He argued his case with the council and was told
that rules are rules and the perfectly good recyclable stuff from the home
has to go to landfill.

How stupid .. ;-(

My brother in law is a builder and so are his sons.

One of the sons put up a new paneled fence and took the old one to the
tip on the little tipper truck, where he was promptly refused.

Them: This is commercial waste

Him: This is MY fence from MY house and this is MY tip

Them: You cant dump it here, its's commercial waste.

Him: Ok, this is a tipper. Either you let me put it all in the skip or
I'll just tip it on the floor and you can go what you like with it.

Them: I'll take your reg number and call the police:

Him: I'll *give* you my address and phone number if you wan't reaches
for 'Raise' button on tipper

Them: Ok, put it in the skip, but only this time .....

What should he have done .. load all the stuff onto the roof of his
car, when he has a nice truck sitting there? What if you hire a van to
take your stuff to the tip .. you are in a commercial vehicle?

Ok, realistically how would they know that this was his own domestic
waste .. difficult .. but if they get too ancy, some of this stuff
will just end up on the side of the road, costing the local Council
even more to collect?

All the best ..

T i m