James Hart

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:51:30 GMT, raden wrote:

I didn't consider that I was allowed to tip at one place 1/2 a mile
from my house but not at another place 1/2 mile from my house (but
'over the border')?

When I have been there since I just quote the name of a local (to
them) road ;-)

I suppose it comes down to who's rates are paying for it dunnit

It seems to sigh .. *I* would have thought that sound ecological
sense might prevail but no .. it's 'money' ..?

Talking of sense .. one of my mates runs a gun shop and another a
cycle shop. Both produce a large quantity of cardboard waste but can't
have it collected by the council because it 'commercial' waste? They
are even happy to pay to get it 'recycled' but it seems there is no
facility for this (via the Council anyway)?

But they send a crew round once a week collecting the dribs and drabs
of household cardboard waste .. ?

If they are collecting cardboard to actually 'get' carboard to recycle
then they could fill their truck in one go by visiting my two mates
... less wages, less fuel, better return? Don't suppose they are
though .. just another form of lip service to ecology .. ;-(

All the best ..

A care home near me has the same problem, there was a bit in the paper a few
weeks back, nice picture of unhappy looking chap holding an empty box with a
pile of newspapers next to him.
He generates a lot of waste paper, empty milk cartons etc in a week (all the
stuff the council want to meet their targets) and wondered why the recycling
box wasn't being emptied, the operatives told him that it was trade waste
and couldn't be collected. He argued his case with the council and was told
that rules are rules and the perfectly good recyclable stuff from the home
has to go to landfill.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk