Peter Ashby

Default Scaring rabbits

In article ,
Tony Williams wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I don't believe the disease crosses species boundaries,
and, in fact, myxy wabbits are safe to eat.

You can if you like, me and mine are not going to.

A famous phrase from the past.......

"It is scientifically impossible for BSE to
cross the species barrier."

It has not been definitively shown that it can, by ingestion anyway.
Injection of purified infectious material directly into the brain are a
different matter.

Balance of probability says vCJD is probably related to BSE but there
are too many unanswered questions to be definitive about it.

To put it into perspective since vCJD was identified 132 people have
died from it. In the same period 659 people died from the sporadic form
which has been here all along.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.