Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" writes:
My understanding is that it does. The use of a "tool" (in this case a key,
but a screwdriver would also suffice) is required to make a compartment
otherwise in reach to be "outside the zones". You should still put the
system on an RCD, and the boiler must be room sealed (balanced or fanned
flue). I believe it actually acceptable to have a boiler directly in a
bathroom not enclosed, but not within 40cm of the bath.

I believe it's 60cm horizontally from the edge of the bath,
but that's from memory.

I have thought a few times that there would be a market for a
boiler manufacturer who actually designed their boiler to work
near a shower. Given the unit is already room-sealed, I doubt
it would be much effort, and it would reduce the 60cm figure,
making their boiler a possibility in situations where others
couldn't be used.

--
Andrew Gabriel