Tim

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:25:33 +0000, Tim wrote:

After lots of helpful comments on my plight to redesign my Dad's CH
using a thermal store system, I was wondering if anyone could comment on
this underfloor heating component:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/186-0000

specifically: the "Return Temperature Controller"

It claims to be a way of avoiding a 4 port mixer + local pump assembly
by regulating the water return temperature.

The only thing I can see wrong is that it of course still presents 70+C
water at the inflow end of the underfloor pipework.

So parts of the floor are presumably going to get rather hot???

OK - one adittional thing... I just found the installation manual on their
website and it does mention that the heating pipe must be run in a
double-spiral config, so a flow and return pipe are alway adjacent.

Wonder if that's how they make such a simple system work? ie they are
relying on the thermal conductivity of the screed to reduce the
inflow/outflow differential and also using the return flow to indrectly
cool the inflow... Sounds didgey - but it *could* just work?

Timbo