IMM

"Kalico" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:40:01 GMT, "R Taylor"
wrote:

Frank Stacey wrote:
For various reasons I find that a plumbing job on which I have

embarked
involves using plastic (HEP) pipe for various awkward runs with copper

at
either end. Am I right to assume this can be done without

restriction?

In some places I am using straight metal compression couplers between

copper
and plastic with an insert in the plastic pipe. In other places I have
plastic elbows with plastic on one branch and copper or chrome plated

copper
on the other. Are there any gotchas I should know about?

Excuse the paranoia, but once completed most of this stuff is going to

be
under the floor of a small bathroom and very inaccessible. I dread

having
to rip out my carefully installed fittings as water seeps through the
ceiling below!!

Frank [the tentative plumber]

you can mix copper and plastic tube, no probs. fwiw, I wouldnt waste time
with potentialy problematic compression fittings, I'd use speedfit

throughout.

fit and forget.

RT

Speedfit! No way - use Hep2O instead and worry less about leaks.

Marley Equator and Osma Gold have the edge.