IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:11:10 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

I found it to be poor on the old system because it was a long time
before the boiler would come on, by which time a lot of water had been
used. Then the temperature would overshoot by a long way and the
water too hot during later use.

Was your stat installed too high? My boiler cuts in about 20 seconds

after
opening a tap.

I don't think so. I experimented with it a quarter, third and half
way up. When lower, it came on sooner, but still not brilliant.
Using an electronic thermostat with sensor was rather better.

Besides it has enough capacity to fill two baths, so I'm not
worried about the boiler's additional 28kW cutting in.

I increased the cylinder size to a 200 litre one as well and had
double normal thickness of foam fitted. So there is pleny of
storage, which I prefer anyway.

Over storage is a bad thing. No need for it when you have the boiler power
to have the least amount of storage you need.

Also, I have a TMV on
the output, so the exact temperature of the store is irrelevent to me.
Temperature overshoot simply means greater energy storage, rather than a
trip to the burns department with the children.

I suppose that with a heatbank, having additional temperature control
makes good sense anyway, since presumably if it's fully charged and
you open the tap to a trickle you would otherwise get very hot water.

A trip to the A&E at RBH is never a pleasurable experience at any time
:-)

Christian.

--

.andy