MBQ wrote:
wrote in message ...
Mary Fisher wrote:

However I'm not at all sure of the relative energy costs of producing
paper and plastic bags. My gut feeling is that paper uses a fair
amount of energy (evaporating water and such) and paper bags might
well be more energy costly to produce. However plastic bags probably
use more unreplaceable resources (oil in particular).

But if the paper bag takes more energy to produce and that energy came
from oil then your probably still better with a plastic bag?

Er, isn't that what I was saying? Or were you replying to a post
above mine? Ah, no, I see you were commenting on my last sentence,
yes, I quite agree.

--
Chris Green