Larry B

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
Larry B wrote:
There appear to be 3 identical bridge rectifiers on this board. Two are
side by side and the 3rd is off doing its own thing. One of the pair is
directly connected to the cap in question. Should I replace just the one

or
both in that group? Now the question is, "with what?".

The markings are : 7839, VM 08. The mfg symbol is a sylized V (kind of

like
\') in a circle or it could be an A if the printed markings like 7839

are
not necessarily an indicator of what is right-side up. I read somewhere

that
they may be half-wave rectifiers. They look more like IC's than full

wave
rectifiers with the terminals coming out the side and down like spider

legs,
and somewhat rectangular. The PC board calls them BR201, 2 and 3.

I have searched Google for 7839 bridge rectifier and came up empty.

Sorry I
am not up on my rectifier specs. Thanks,

Larry -

Since your oven was new in 1979, it may be that 7839 is a date code -
39th week of 1978. How many leads on this beastie? I would expect a
full-wave bridge to have 4 leads, and a half-wave to have 3.

Bill

:Hi Bill, it has 4 so it must be full-wave. In cruising some parts websites
a popular spec is DB104.

Lar