NSM

"BOB URZ" wrote in message

| Ok, the retrofit application i have has a display about 3/4" wide by
| 4" long. Plastic encased like a laminated card. The EL display
| backlite is dead. Measuring the voltage with my fluke on AC scale measures
| about 55 volts AC. Is this too low for operation? It seems to be powered
by a
| sealed step up module

Might be enough - tried 120 VAC on the strip?

5" x 1" electroluminescent strip. Ivory in off-state. Glows green when
energized by 120 Vac or inverter. For backlighting control panels,
special-effects lighting, models etc. Solderable pins extend 0.2" beyond end
of panel. CAT# EL-5 Your Price: $3.50 each

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...L-5&type=store