NSM

"JURB6006" wrote in message
| "vote accepted" light blinked!
|
| Hmmmmmm, wonder why it didn't say "vote counted" or "vote recorded".
|
| I'm not saying that what I originally posted is true, but one wonders what
| action would result in "vote not accepted".
|
| I'll tell you this though, with Bush winning I get more suspicious of
| elections. I really can't believe that many people are doing well and
support
| Bush's policies. The election should've been closer at the very least IMO.

Didn't the exit polls put Kerry in the lead? I just assumed that the Diebold
machines did what they were programmed to do, so the result doesn't surprise
me. Didn't the president of Diebold say he was going to deliver the votes to
Bush?

Instead of these dubious touch screen machines, why not regular PCs with a
custom keyboard and a laser printer which prints out an optical scan voting
card which the voter could double check? The machines could give a quick
result, but the cards would be the final answer and could be recounted
(except in Florida where they would no doubt be sorted into Republican and
Lost). Cheap to buy, cheap to upgrade or fix and hard to fake.