Jerry Greenberg

You can get the pickup from the Hitachi parts department. The cost is
not cheap in relation to the cost of a new player of your model.

You may be able to mechanicly change the pickup, but you will not be
able to do the calibration of it, without the proper calibration
disks, service manual, and calibration instrument setup. It also takes
a good knowledge in this type of work to be able to do a discent job
at it.

Jerry G.
========

"cariboo1946" wrote in message news:m79hd.63618$9b.22645@edtnps84...
My Hitachi DVD player, Model DV-P735u, won't play a DVD, but will still play
CD's. I took it into a repair shop, cost me $18 to be told it needs a new
pickup, but they didn't repair it, waiting for further instructions.
Knowing how expensive repair costs are, I've decided to just buy a new one,
full warranty, instead of having them repair this one. But, I was wondering
where I could buy the pickup, and attempt to change it myself. Anybody know
where one can get such a part, in Canada? Also, is it even worth the cost
or effort to repair, even by myself?