EricP

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:54:41 +0000, Wanderer wrote:

I'm looking to buy a Dremel or similar. Any recommendations please? Are
the budget/cheapie versions comparable with the top-end? How much
vibration is there when using these? I'm thinking of using it to clean
up soft-fired greenware (porcelain that ain't fully fired so is still
reasonably workable, but fairly fragile). I'm just wondering if they do
produce too much vibration, the SFGW might shatter, or pieces splinter
away.

B&Q do a dremel clone for a few pounds. It works well for a few hours
and then starts to vibrate, scream and the switch jams up.

You get what you pay for with these. Great tool though, if you pay the
price. You do not have to pay the dremel price for the accessories.
Search the web for them. The diamond saw blades are particularly good
for small cutting jobs. Those tubular sanding disks seem to last ages
and can tackle large jobs. You may find that applicable to your
specific need.

I would buy a B&Q cheapie as a test and get a decent one if it works.