IMM

"Tim S" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:26:56 +0000, IMM wrote:

They look like they are the best designed. I like the way that most of the
main pipes and pumps are presented at the front in an orderly way. Bit
worried about the clever microcontroller. But I suppose, in an emergency,
if it went pop, a little judicious bypassing with some wire would be
possible...

They can be easily converted to a conventional heat bank by installing a
blending valve on the DHW oulet and a flow switch on the cold mains in. A
stem thermostat can be installed in the sensors cylinder pocket.

But, they do seem to have thought of everything - like pump overrun and
things. I had the fitter's guide off their website and it was
comprehensive to say the least.

The modulated DHW pump prevents excessive mixing inside the store. Also
they are twin internal cylinders. They are basically an Accolade unvented
cylinder reversed. The Systemate is virtually identical

Also look at http://www.rangecylinders.co.uk/prod...max/index.html
The Flowmax, which is a a well priced heat bank.

Ah - that must be what Grunff has - bit difficult searching for "range
cylinders" on google :/

Best have a direct "integrated" heat bank.

Heatweb - Also looks complicated like the Gledhill, but not as neat.

Albion - simple again, like the McDonalds'.

But expensive.

So far, I've seen two price lists. The Gledhill is pretty pricey, but
still worth it, for all the benefits I get (not least having a useable
5x6 ft bit of space back). However, I've seen one of the others (McDonald?
at around the £500-700 bracket depending on size. But after I'm finished
buying pumps, controllers, random bits and bobs I'm tempted by the more
expensive but nicely integrated solution.

The Gledhill has the instant Switch electric backup system. This is
optional. It may be cheaper to have a second cheap gas boiler to do the
same job. You have to price it up. With a second gas boiler you heat the
whole house as well as the DHW.