chris French

Default Argos Challenge SDS Drill

In message ,
writes
John Rumm wrote:
David Hearn wrote:

Does anyone else have experience of the Challenge SDS Drill and whether
there's any way of stopping the bit rotating under vibration when its in
hammer only mode?

That also seems to be a common feature of many drills in this class. You
normally need to go to Bosch or Makita money (i.e. 100 - 120) for a
decent multi position rotation lock.

My £90 (a while ago) Stayer has all lock types:-
No rotation, fixed
No rotation, free
Rotating and hammering
Just rotating

At the time it was one of the cheapest SDS drills available, it's done
lots of hard work for me over the past year or two and shows no signs
of falling apart yet.

Yeah, I bought one of those about 2 years ago and have been equally
pleased with it.

With regard to the OP, ISTR complaints of bit rotating under hammer only
mode in previous posts regarding this (or similar SDS drills)

I am the only one who thinks these el cheapo SDS drills are deliberately
made much heavier than they need to be so as to feel more 'meaty' ?
--
Chris French, Leeds