Jo Taylor

You are correct in saying I don't think it's as simple as that... but
not for the right reasons.

a. Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are not paint primary colours but transparent
printers' ink primaries and rely on overlay not pre-mixing for the effect.
Paint primaries are red, blue and yellow and, in emulsion paint, are opaque.

b. The colours Chris wants are available from artists' suppliers in acrylic
emulsion.

c. Geranium red, sky blue, etc. are manufacturers' names for certain colours
and are not consistent.

d. All colours are available in emulsion, as is black.

Chris, if you could let me know what you want to do with these colours I can
probably advise.

Alan Taylor

"stuart noble" wrote in message

John Rumm wrote in message
Chris Nellist wrote:

I would like to get some pots of ordinary emulsion paint
in the primary colours, i.e. cyan, magenta, and
yellow, as used by printers and as easily specifiable in RGB

I don't think it's as simple as that with paint because the colours don't
exist in pigment form. IIRC geranium red, sky blue, and buttercup yellow

are
the perfect primaries. Emulsions are all pastel shades anyway so, for a
start, you can't get black.