MrCheerful

Default Electromagnetic field and medium voltage power line.

"Martin H. Robinson" wrote in message
om...
I hope that this question is appropriate for this group. I was advised
by a colleague that many of the group regular members were
well-informed.

I have site that has a medium voltage powerline crossing it. I am
engaged in a dispute with the power utility to get the line relocated.
It would bolster my argument if I could show that the electromagnetic
field (EMF) levels were above a certain level. I know the voltage
level and current in amps of the line.

Does anybody know how to:
1. Calculate or estimate EMF at a given distance from the powerline
with data described.
2. Or where I might find on the Web a site that contains table with
precalculated EMF and electric field values for different line types.
I think these are called wire codes in the trade but googling has
produced little of use - I need at this stage expert or experienced
recommendation!

Many Thanks
Martin

Buy or hire an emf meter. I hired one as I was concerned about high levels
in my house. I also walked across a local field with power wires across it,
the readings at head height were off the scale. In my house my sons room
had a bad area right where he slept.

I think I hired from healthy house. These people hire all sorts:
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/sales/equipx.htm

MrCheerful