Rick Dipper

On 2 Nov 2004 13:15:57 GMT, Chris Nellist
wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in
:

John Rumm wrote in message
Chris Nellist wrote:

I would like to get some pots of ordinary emulsion paint
in the primary colours, i.e. cyan, magenta, and
yellow, as used by printers and as easily specifiable in RGB

I don't think it's as simple as that with paint because the colours
don't exist in pigment form.

Not sure I understand you here. They exist in ink. I will be happy with
'very close' matches.

IIRC geranium red, sky blue, and
buttercup yellow are the perfect primaries.

Depends on what you need. Physiologically a green hue would also be
included. I want to use the hues defined in HTML as 0/255/255, 255/0/255,
and 255/255/0.

I am quite surprised that there aren't more people who buy pots of these
three colours and try their hand at mixing up what they want

Emulsions are all pastel
shades anyway so, for a start, you can't get black.

Don't know where you get this idea from. Dulux sell emulsions in dark
shades and indeed in black. I don't know how 'pure' a black it is.

Chris

We mix our own colours, and have had a few learnings on the way.
From experience
- Its not nessecarry to use the same brand, unless its some form of
plastic emulsion
- start with a color thats neer what you want
- buy piles of the matchpots from B&Q when they are going cheep
- buy any cheep colors from B&Q when they are end of line

Mix all you need in one go !!!!!

Have Fun

Rick