Grunff

Tim wrote:

Q: would that imply it's 25mm? Looks fairly chunky.

Probably, could be 32mm.

Q: But - which one? I've been all over the web and found:

I have a range 210l thermal store (but used with a plate exchanger, so
I'm told that makes it a heatbank ;-). It's very good. I'm very happy,
and would buy another one.

Q: Would I want direct or indirect? Direct seems simpler - pump the boiler
primary through the bulk of the tank and the rads.

I have direct, and it works very well with our oil boiler.

So - from people that fitted thermal store cylinders: are they any good
and which one did you use? Any general theories/opinions also most welcome
:-)

Yes, I think they're great. The large stored capacity means long burn
times for the boiler, all the hot water you want, and immediate heating
up of the house when the CH kicks in.

--
Grunff