Richard Porter

On 2 Nov 2004 Andy Dingley wrote:

Whatever happend to Jack Knight ? Last I heard they were working on
an all-mechanical non-viscous torque-splitting diff that felt like a
viscous diff, but wasn't. Worked well, but it turned nasty once there
was any wear in it.

They're still very much in business down in Woking. I have a JKD 5-speed
box on my Mini Marcos. It's the helical touring box. They also do 5- and
6-speed cross-cut dog boxes for racing. Another Mini Marcos won the
"Fastest Mini In The World" title at Silverstone this year with a 5-port
A-series engine and Jack Knight gearbox, beating all sorts of exotic
stuff (and BMW MINIs).

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com