Aidan

"IMM" wrote in message ...

The diverter tee is similar to a spreader "Y" tee. We don't use diverter
tees because a simple, cheap in-line restrictor can balance up a system.
"Y" tees are horrendously expensive.

No, I do not think that a diverter tee is similar to a spreader "Y"
tee. A diverter tee is similar to a tee with an additional in-line
restrictor. If you look at the link I posted, there is a diagram of
one.

I am not certain what you mean by a "spreader 'Y' tee" because I
cannot find any other reference to this term. If you mean a Y-shaped
tee, then a diverter tee is definitely not similar.