Malc

"Chris Nellist" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I would like to get some pots of ordinary emulsion paint
in the primary colours, i.e. cyan, magenta, and
yellow, as used by printers and as easily specifiable in RGB
for computer monitors.

The thing is, I need the colours to a high degree of
accuracy.

I understand that conversion between the Dulux/ICI codes
(or the NCS ones from which they are scrambled) and RGB/CMY
codes is not publicly available, so what I will do is get
a printer to print out primary C, M, and Y and then take
them along to somewhere like B&Q to be scanned with a
colour meter. However, I suspect that there may be a big
gap between the required colours and the best available
matches, since Dulux/ICI probably don't want to encourage
people to mix paint.

Any advice would be welcome. Simple question really - how
to get pots of primary-colour emulsion paint!

Johnson and Manders outlets mix paints to any colour you like and will do
them to BS numbers as well. So if you can find the number of magenta etc you
could be in luck.

I can't see a specific match here but you may be in luck
http://www.indfinspec.demon.co.uk/bs...lour_chart.htm

A bit of advice on matching here
http://www.pra.org.uk/technical/test...icalvisual.htm

A range of BS numbers that mean nothing to me here
http://www.sandtextrade.co.uk/col-bsrange.htm

--
Malc