Kirk S.

Default Zenith SA2539P Green Picture

Hi all,

Thought I had this one figured out as an H/K short however, I'm wrong...

a) isolated heater and picture is still green
b) swapped red/green signals to the crt board and still green
c) voltages to the crt board for red/green/blue all similar

Next step is to lift the final resistor to the green cathode and swap with
red or blue. Perhaps look at the cathode voltages with an o-scope? I
didn't find any shorts between the cathodes and heater terminals on the crt
board.

If I don't have an H/K short, what would cause a green picture? I do not
have full on w/retrace lines as I would have expected. Could something have
shifted in the CRT to only have the green phosphors hit? Spark gap bad?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Kirk S.