Doug Winterburn

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:40:21 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

In article ,
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Owen, I have no idea where you're getting this "loyalty oath" crap.

You haven't heard any reports of such tactics by the Bush team?
http://www.casperstartribune.net/art...wyoming/63b4fc
b928fe8e6987256ee10054e715.txt

I went to the Phoenix Diamondback stadium rally for Bush along with
40,000 other folks following the last debate. There was no
qualifications or any questions in the ticket process. There were
metal detectors and airport type security at the gates, but there was
zero to do with party affiliations or who do you like stuff. There were
a few demonstrators outside with Republicans for Kerry signs, and by
some of the conversation in line, some Kerry supporters attended the
event with no problems - and no "loyalty oath". Most folks were there
to support Bush.

Well maybe they've learned a bit, but I know of three female teachers who
were escorted out of a Bush speech a couple weeks ago in Oregon because
they were wearing t-shirts printed with, "Protect Our Civil Liberties." In
an interview with one of them, she said they had no intention of speaking
out and were told by rally workers that they were not welcome and were
escorted off of the county fairgrounds by Oregon State Police. Similar
t-shirt incidents have occurred across the country.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...ews/1097928233
288440.xml

Just last week, I saw a news clip on the Newshour with Tom(?) Lehrer,
showing about 8 to 10(my estimate) people escorted out of a stadium when
they held up placards with, "380,000 tons" printed across them. They were
up in the top rows and it certainly would have been difficult for them to
make an audible disturbance (the news report didn't mention or broadcast
anything audible).

They *really* don't want there to be any appearance of dissent. Remember,
their way or the highway.

I assume you're dropping the "loyalty oath" BS?

What's with 380.000 tons? The original charge was 380 tons. Since you or
I weren't there, we have no idea what sort of disturbance these folks may
have caused. I also wasn't aware the Oregon State Police took orders
from rally organizers.

--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between