Doug Kanter

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Owen, I have no idea where you're getting this "loyalty oath" crap.

You haven't heard any reports of such tactics by the Bush team?
http://www.casperstartribune.net/art...wyoming/63b4fc
b928fe8e6987256ee10054e715.txt

I went to the Phoenix Diamondback stadium rally for Bush along with
40,000 other folks following the last debate. There was no
qualifications or any questions in the ticket process. There were
metal detectors and airport type security at the gates, but there
was zero to do with party affiliations or who do you like stuff.
There were a few demonstrators outside with Republicans for Kerry
signs, and by some of the conversation in line, some Kerry
supporters attended the event with no problems - and no "loyalty
oath". Most folks were there to support Bush.

Well maybe they've learned a bit, but I know of three female teachers
who were escorted out of a Bush speech a couple weeks ago in Oregon
because they were wearing t-shirts printed with, "Protect Our Civil
Liberties." In an interview with one of them, she said they had no
intention of speaking out and were told by rally workers that they were
not welcome and were escorted off of the county fairgrounds by Oregon
State Police. Similar t-shirt incidents have occurred across the country.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...ews/1097928233
288440.xml

Just last week, I saw a news clip on the Newshour with Tom(?) Lehrer,
showing about 8 to 10(my estimate) people escorted out of a stadium when
they held up placards with, "380,000 tons" printed across them. They
were up in the top rows and it certainly would have been difficult for
them to make an audible disturbance (the news report didn't mention or
broadcast anything audible).

They *really* don't want there to be any appearance of dissent.
Remember, their way or the highway.

The response by the faithful will be that if they weren't sitting on your
lap when you saw these news reports, then you really didn't see them. :-)