BigWallop

Default Under-floor heating for a bathroom - hot water or electric, and how to control?

I wouldn't use microbore, as it desn't leak as much heat as 15mm, but
otherwise, I am with you on this.

You could even use proper UF heating (flexible butyl) pipe.

I just don't trust that Butyl stuff under a finished floor NTP, I'd much
rather go with copper pipe and good joints for some funny reason.

The suggestion of using the mini-bore pipe was the same reason as your last
reply, i.e. it wont be the primary source of heating the room and will only
be used to keep your tootsies warm on a cold morning.

Also, your last reply talking about foil backed Celotex to reflect the heat
directly up toward the floor would probably work with this system too. I
know the Romans used animal dung covered with polished copper to reflect the
heat upward more efficiently on some of their UFH systems, so it is an idea
I am thinking about trying myself shortly.

Worth a few moments contemplation.