Morris Dovey

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"GregP" wrote in message

So now you are going to turn him in, eh ? After seeing how
many thousands of messages posted from university accounts
since you got on usenet ?

Not my job to turn him in; he has a conscience. So you think
it is OK to use a University account to post personal
political, religious, or other views when it is paid for by
taxpayers?

Strangely enough, I do - even without knowing if the OP is a
student, faculty, or administrative person. University computer
centers still provide much of the Internet's backbone; and a
great deal of the continuing development is done by people in
universities (who contribute their efforts with the sole aim of
helping to make it all work better.)

There's also the aspect of keeping educators and students
"attached" to the real world. Who can say what the value of
intellectual stimulation (even on the wreck!) might be when
considered in an educational context. The ability to converse, to
share ideas, is IMHO an especially Good Thing in this context. I
wouldn't be too quick to deny use of the tool.

Providing universities with the funds to improve their
connected-ness could be one of our best investments...

(2¢)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA